Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Pinnacles National Monument

Pinnacles National Monument is a strange looking place, whose rock formations appear almost otherworldly. This landscape is what remains of an ancient volcano, that erupted near the San Andreas Fault. Today, the California Condor has found a home amid these jagged peaks. I went to the Pinnacles on April 16th and hiked the High Peaks Trail up Scout Peak.

Scout Peak:
Desert flowers:
Easter Island is missing something.


The coastal ranges:


I saw many of the large birds.




This is the only other Condor shot I managed to get. I saw this one closely enough to identify it, but my camera's zoom didn't extend fast enough for get a better picture.


At the summit of Scout Peak:



I'm not that afraid of heights. Yes, I know, because I told myself that a number of times going up the rock. This is another view from the summit, looking toward Hawkins Peak.
This photograph was to prove I left the house that day, you know, like all those people on FaceSpace, or whatever that site is called.

No comments:

Post a Comment